While I have had some limitations on my usual crafting since my surgery, I have some completed projects which I have not yet shown you.
Last year I knit a hood for my daughter. Checking back on my blog, I apparently forgot to take a photo of that. But a good friend of hers really liked it and asked me to make one for her. This one I did remember to photograph.
I'm not sure which photo gives you a better idea of what it looks like. While I made the button holes, I left the choice of buttons up to Chase's friend.
The other knitting project I finished was a balaclava for hunting for my husband. He is always much more concerned about utility than looks and I'm afraid this project shows that. I had a pattern but there were lots of problems with it. I think I ended up starting this four times until I got it right. I'm made many, many hats but all of those were worked from the bottom up. Figuring out how to start at the top and make the increases to reach the desired diameter where I wanted it to be turned out to be much more of a challenge. But in the end he is satisfied and that is all that matters.
You can see a bit of the drawstring that was necessary for the final fit there on the left hand side in case you wondered what that was.
I'm looking forward to my next knitting projects soon. While some new to me yarn is calling to me, I think the next request was for some knitted Christmas decorations for my daughter. I wonder which I'll start next.